Note: The theatre changed names from the Eureka to the Gateway in July 2017. Online maps (including the one above) and other information sources may still list it as the Eureka. It is the same location.
Best parking locations for the Gateway Theatre are:
• Golden Gateway Parking Garage, enter on Clay Street between Front and Battery (two blocks due south of the theatre)
• Embarcadero Center Garage, enter on Battery Street between Clay and Sacramento (two and a half blocks south of the theatre)
• Street parking is often available on the evenings and weekends, and is free after 6 PM.
Food & Drink:
There are limited concessions at the theatre (cookies, chips, soda, water, coffee, wine, beer) available before the show or at intermission.
San Francisco is one of the great food cities on the planet, so there’s no dearth of eating options. Here is a small, non-endorsed sample in the immediate vicinity of the Eureka:
• Subway Sandwiches around the corner on Battery Street
• Safeway at Jackson and Davis Street (one block east)
• Starbucks at Jackson and Davis Street (one block east)
• The Ferry Building (two blocks east, on The Embarcadero) has a number of interesting food and drink options
• The Old Ship at Battery Street and Pacific Avenue (one block north)
• Kokkari, directly across from the theatre
• 5A5 Steak Lounge, directly across from the theatre
Numerous other options are available within a moderate walk (1/4 to 1/2 mile) west on Jackson to Columbus Street.
Best parking locations for the Alcazar Theatre are:
• Post Street Tower Garage, just east of the theatre on Geary Street
• Ace Parking, 415 Taylor Street between O’Farrell and Geary (one and a half blocks southeast of the theatre)
The theatre is a ten-minute walk from the Powell Street BART station.