JOB POSTING: DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
42nd Street Moon (San Francisco, CA), a non-profit musical theatre production company celebrating its 27th season, is looking for a dynamic individual to become their Marketing Director; start date is approximately October 1, 2019.
Moon will be producing six mainstage shows (five musicals and one play), a musical in concert, and several special events during its upcoming season. During this time Moon would like to expand its audience in terms of both numbers and demographics. Additionally, Moon would like to reinforce and strengthen its brand awareness throughout San Francisco and the Bay Area.
This position would report directly to the Executive Directors. Full-time salary would be commensurate with experience and performance, but would be competitive for non-profit arts positions in the Bay Area and would include full benefits.
• Work with current staff and Marketing Committee Working to develop compelling campaigns and sales strategies, tailored for each show;
• Work with graphic designers to ensure all visual pieces are completed and formatted for all media and print uses;
• Ensure artists, Board and staff have full access to any materials needed to promote the show to friends, family and colleagues;
• Obtain relevant materials (including headshots and bios) of artists for use in publicity pieces, show playbills, and online;
• Work with third-party vendors (printers, mailing houses, publications and broadcasters, etc.) to ensure timelines for creation and distribution of materials are met;
• Work with Public Relations Consultant to ensure timely deployment of releases and news articles; interview and article requests are solicited and executed; and press reviewers are invited and seated;
• Work with Box Office Manager to ensure proper deployment of discount codes and ticketing strategies;
• Help maintain a strong commitment to customer service and top-tier patron relationships;
• Maintain a robust social media presence, including creation and curation of content, utilizing staff, artist, and volunteer help;
• Be present at the theatre for select performances;
• Develop long-term strategies for increasing brand awareness and audience development.
• Experience with marketing similar programs for non-profit organizations
• Experience with social media for performing arts
• Experience with budgeting and expense management
• Desire to become a long-term, full-time member of the Moon family
• Degree in Arts Marketing, Management, or similar field
• Solid knowledge of musical theatre from 1920 to the present
• Additional experience in public relations and/or development
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references by September 18, 2019 to email@example.com
For any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.