The safety of our students and faculty is of the utmost importance. We at MoonSchool want to ensure that you are as safe as possible while still enjoying your favorite musical theatre classes.
Vaccination is the leading public health prevention strategy to end the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to the circulating and highly contagious Delta variant, CDC recommends universal indoor masking by all students (age 2 and older), staff, teachers, and visitors to K-12 schools, regardless of vaccination status. In addition to universal indoor masking, CDC recommends schools maintain at least 3 feet of physical distance between students within classrooms to reduce transmission risk.
Will fall classes be in person or virtual?
- Most of our MoonSchool classes will be held in person with option for online study.
- Currently, all classes are offered in person (at 250 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA 94102) OR via Zoom (exceptions apply and can be found on class pages). Due to the nature of certain classes, there are those that must be offered as full series only with no options for drop ins. See below for vaccine and mask requirements. Should public health require in-person classes to shift to a virtual format, please prepare a comfortable space to work in with access to your online device.
What are MoonSchool’s protocols to stay safe this fall?
- All students age 12+ are required to show proof of full vaccination in order to join classes in person. Proof of vaccination must be brought to first day of class or day of drop-in class (physical vaccination card, digital record, or photo).
- All MoonSchool instructors and staff are required to be fully vaccinated before beginning instruction.
- Students who attend class in person will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- All students under the age of 12 who are still unable to be vaccinated will be required to wear masks at all times. Weekly tests are recommended for in-class participation this Fall.
- Class space as well as public use areas such as restrooms will be sanitized at the end of every class.
- Should any MoonSchool personnel or student become will with COVID, we will notify via e-mail everyone who has been in the classroom since that person’s last negative COVID test, including information on potential exposure risks.
- Moonschool will continue to monitor community transmission, vaccination coverage, screening testing, and occurrence of outbreaks to guide decisions on the level of layered prevention strategies (e.g., physical distancing, screening testing)
- Students, teachers, and staff should stay home when they have signs of any infectious illness and be referred to their healthcare provider for testing and care.
- Fever over 100.4° Fahrenheit or 38.0° Celsius
- Chills (shivering a lot)
- Difficulty breathing
- Fatigue or soreness
- Loss of smell or taste
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Diarrhea, feeling sick to your stomach, or throwing up