BOX OFFICE INFORMATION
COVID-19 UPDATES AND FAQs
- We are requiring proof of FULL vaccination for everyone who steps inside the Gateway Theatre and Alcazar Theatre – audience, staff, cast and crew, and volunteers. Please be prepared to show proof of vaccination (physical vaccination card, digital record, or photo) along with matching photo ID at the door before you enter.
- What does “Full Vaccination” mean? A patron is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing their full initial course of vaccination (either two-dose mRNA series or single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine) and one week after receiving a Booster shot (once eligible for a Booster shot.) Until a patron is eligible to receive their booster shot, they are considered ‘Up-to-Date’ on vaccination two weeks after completing their full initial course.
- This applies to all patrons ages 12 and up. Individuals ages 5-12, not yet able to get a booster, will still be required to show proof of vaccination.
- At this time, we will not admit children under the age of 5 into the theatre.
- In addition to requiring vaccination for staff, artists, and volunteers, all 42nd Street Moon personnel will undergo rapid COVID tests weekly. In addition, a 42nd Street Moon staff member will be assigned as a COVID monitor to ensure compliance with vaccination and testing requirements, and to monitor potential symptoms amongst staff, artists, and volunteers.
- All people inside the Gateway and Alcazar Theatres will be required to wear masks at all times. These masks should be N95, KN95, or equivalent in quality. Everyone at the theaters will be masked, except for actors on stage.
- Please arrive 45 minutes prior to your performance to allow the venue staff to check proof of vaccination or negative test result and assist in seating you before curtain time.
- What to bring to your next performance: Beginning with our upcoming production of A Grand Night for Singing, all patrons will need to bring a mask, photo ID, and proof of vaccination to gain access to the theater.
- Accepted forms of vaccine verification include:
- Physical vaccination card
- Picture of your vaccination card
- Digital vaccination record obtained via myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov (available to all California residents)
- We have installed improved air circulation and filtration systems in the Gateway theatre.
- Concessions will not be sold at the Alcazar.
- Concessions will be sold at the Gateway, and may only be consumed, outside of the theatre. We are suspending the consumption of food and drink in the theater. All concessions items must be consumed outside before the show or during intermission. Come early and enjoy a beverage and snack before the show begins!
- We have incorporated no-touch protocols throughout the Gateway and Alcazar theatres.
- The theatres will be cleaned and sanitized prior to each public performance.
- We will continue to monitor and follow federal, state, and local guidelines regarding capacity within the theatre.
- We will practice and encourage distancing protocols as much as is practical within the theatres.
- Should any 42nd Street Moon personnel receive a positive COVID test, we will notify via e-mail everyone who has been in the theatre since that person’s last negative COVID test, including information on potential exposure risks (i.e., was that person primarily backstage, onstage, in the lobby, etc.).
The Box Office is open Tuesday – Friday, 12PM – 5PM.
Phone sales close at 4:00 PM the day of the performance.
Online sales close two hours prior to each performance.
Box Office Phone: 415.255.8207
EXCHANGES & REFUNDS
42nd Street Moon is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation and cannot provide refunds. If you are unable to attend a scheduled performance consider exchanging your ticket.
Exchanges must be made at least one full business day in advance. We cannot guarantee availability for the exact day or seat you wish to exchange to, however all efforts will be made to provide you with a comparable seat. Exchanges for Saturday or Sunday performances must be made by 5pm the Friday before the show.
There is a $10 exchange fee in addition to any additional ticket cost. You may exchange for another performance of the same show. We waive this fee for subscribers who provide us at least one business day’s notice. This fee is also waived for VIP Tickets.
In the event you are unable to exchange your performance, we can credit your returned ticket(s) as a tax-deductible donation, as long as we are notified three hours prior to curtain. Subscribers can notify us up to 30 minutes before curtain.
Tax deductions are non-transferable: We will be able to credit only the original purchaser of the ticket.