42nd Street Moon is committed to the promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage all to apply regardless of race/ethnicity, physical ability, body type, age, orientation, or gender identity.
Posted February 6, 2023
42nd Street Moon (San Francisco, CA), a non-profit musical theatre production company celebrating its 30th season, is looking for a dynamic individual to become their part-time (30-32 hours/week) Marketing Director; start date ASAP.
Each season Moon produces five mainstage shows, a musical in concert, and several special events; Moon’s Education and Outreach programs (MoonSchool) consist of classes, summer camps, youth productions, and other activities. During this time Moon would like to expand its audience in terms of both numbers and demographics. Additionally, Moon would like to reinforce and strengthen its brand awareness throughout San Francisco and the Bay Area.
This position would report directly to the Executive Artistic Director and work closely with staff and the Marketing Committee of the Bord of Directors to execute their roles and responsibilities, which would include:
• Develop and implement long-term campaigns and strategies for increasing brand awareness and audience development
• Use data and reports from ticketing system and CRM to help shape both short and long-term strategies for growth
• With Education Director and Education Committee, strategically market and grow the MoonSchool programs, increasing enrollment and visibility in the community
• Work with graphic designers to ensure all visual pieces are completed and formatted for all media and print uses
• Obtain relevant materials (including headshots and bios) of artists for use in publicity pieces, playbills, and online
• Work with third-party vendors (printers, mailing houses, publications and broadcasters, etc.) to ensure timelines for creation and distribution of materials are met
• Work with Public Relations Consultant to ensure timely deployment of releases and news articles; interview and article requests are solicited and executed; and press reviewers are invited and seated
• Maintain a strong commitment to customer service and top-tier patron relationships
• Be a public face of the company, including being present at the theatre for select performances, special performances, and fundraising events
• Develop a strong relationship with marketing directors and other leadership at fellow Bay Area performing arts organizations, leading to cooperative projects in marketing and public relations
• Experience with marketing similar programs for non-profit organizations
• Experience with social media for performing arts
• Experience with budgeting and expense management
• Desire to become a long-term, full-time member of the Moon family
• Degree in Arts Marketing, Management, or similar field
• Solid knowledge of musical theatre from 1920 to the present
• Additional experience in public relations and/or development
This position is expected to average 30-32 hours per week. Most work can be done remotely, but in-person attendance at select rehearsals, performances, and special events will be required. Salary would be $60,000-$70,000 annually commensurate with experience and would include benefits.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and references by February 10, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTORS, DESIGNERS, AND TECHNICIANS
42nd Street Moon is always looking to work with great new talent! Currently we are particularly interested in:
• Stage Managers (AEA)/Assistant Stage Managers (both AEA and non-AEA)
• Costume Designers
• Lighting Designers
• Carpenters and Scenic Artists
Send your resume with references and portfolio/reel to email@example.com